Privacy and Security
|FACTS||WHAT DOES THE GERBER STATE BANK DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?|
|Why?||Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.|
|What?||The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
|How?||All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons THE GERBER STATE BANK chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing|
|Reasons we can share your personal information||Does The Gerber State Bank share?||Can you limit this sharing?|
|For our everyday business purposes—
such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus
|For our marketing purposes—
to offer our products and services to you
|No||We Don’t share|
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||No||We Don’t Share|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes—
information about your transactions and experiences
|No||We Don’t Share|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes—
information about your creditworthiness
|No||We Don’t Share|
|For affiliates to market to you||No||We Don’t Share|
|For nonaffiliates to market to you||No||We Don’t Share|
Call 217-795-2331 or go to www.gerberstatebank.com
|Who we are
|Who is providing this notice?||The Gerber State Bank|
|What we do
|How does The Gerber State Bank protect my personal information?||To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.|
|How does The Gerber State Bank collect my personal information?||We collect your personal information, for example, when you
We also collect your personal information from others companies.
|Why can’t I limit all sharing?||Federal law gives you the right to limit only
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing. See below for more on your rights under state law.
|Affiliates||Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
|Nonaffiliates||Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
|Joint marketing||A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
|Other Important Information
|The Gerber State Bank also complies with Section 48.1 of the Illinois Banking Act, which extends to bank customers privacy rights under Illinois Law that are at least as protective as the federal privacy regulations.|
Our website brings together a combination of industry-approved security technologies to protect data for the bank and for you, our customer. It features a VeriSign-issued Digital ID for the bank’s Internet Service Provider hosting our website, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol for data encryption, and a router and firewall to regulate the inflow and outflow of server traffic.
Secure Data Transfer
Once a server session is established on an https secure page, the user and the server are in a secured environment. Because the server has been certified as a 128-bit secure server by VeriSign, data traveling between the user and the server is encrypted with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. With SSL, data that travels between the bank and customer is encrypted and can only be decrypted with the public and private key pair. In short, the bank’s server issues a public key to the end user’s browser and creates a temporary private key. These two keys are the only combination possible for that session. When the session is complete, the keys expire and the whole process starts over when a new end user makes a server session.
Router and Firewall
Secure forms must filter through a router and firewall before they are permitted to reach the server. A router, a piece of hardware, works in conjunction with the firewall, a piece of software, to block and direct traffic coming to the server. The configuration begins by disallowing ALL traffic and then opens holes only when necessary to process acceptable data requests, such as retrieving web pages or sending customer requests to the bank.
The Gerber State Bank Mobile Banking App (the “App”)– powered by Fiserv – helps you view your transactions and accounts and control your credit and/or debit cards through your mobile device, making it easy to manage your finances on the go.
Depending on the services offered by your bank, the App allows you to:
• get real-time balances for your accounts
• manage your money
• view your transactions and statements
• make transfers
• pay your bills and manage billers
• receive alerts
• deposit a check
• manage cards
THE TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT IN THE APP
Through your use of the Services, we may collect personal information from you in the following ways:
(a) Personal Information You Provide to Us.
• We may collect personal information from you, such as your first and last name, address, e-mail, telephone number, and social security number when you create an account.
• We will collect the financial and transaction information necessary to provide you with the Services, including account numbers, payment card expiration date, payment card identification, verification numbers, and transaction and payment history.
• If you provide feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
• We also collect other types of personal information that you provide voluntarily, such as any information requested by us if you contact us via email regarding support for the Services.
(b) Personal Information Collected from Third Parties. We may collect certain information from identity verification services and consumer reporting agencies, including credit bureaus, in order to provide some of our Services.
(c) Personal Information Collected Via Technology. We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with our Services, our communications, and other online services, such as:
• Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers, language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., Wi-Fi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
• Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Service, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
• Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, and helping us understand user activity and patterns.
• Local storage technologies, like HTML5 and Flash, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
• Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
• Location Information. If you have enabled location services on your phone and agree to the collection of your location when prompted by the Services, we will collect location data when you use the Services even when the App is closed or not in use; for example, to provide our fraud detection services. If you do not want us to collect this information, you may decline the collection of your location when prompted or adjust the location services settings on your device.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION COLLECTED IN THE APP
(a) General Use. In general, we use your personal information collected through your use of the Services to respond to your requests as submitted through the Services, to provide you the Services you request, and to help serve you better. We use your personal information, in connection with the App, in the following ways:
• facilitate the creation of, and secure and maintain your account
• identify you as a legitimate user in our system
• provide improved administration of the Services
• provide the Services you request
• improve the quality of experience when you interact with the Services
• send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories; and send surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to the Services.
(b) Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
• comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities
• protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property (including by making and defending legal claims)
• audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies
• enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
• prevent, identify, investigate / deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
(c) Creation of Non-Identifiable Data. The App may create de-identified information records from personal information by excluding certain information (such as your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We may use this information in a form that does not personally identify you to analyze request patterns and usage patterns to enhance our products and services. We reserve the right to use and disclose non-identifiable information to third parties in our discretion.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose your personal information collected through your use of the Services as described below.
(c) Authorities and Others. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your personal information, The App may disclose your personal information to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, for the compliance and protection services described above.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have several choices regarding use of information on the Services.
(a) How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. Some web browsers transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which your web browser communicates. There is currently no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not act in response to these signals. If and when a standard is established, we may revise its policy on responding to these signals.
(b) Access, Update, or Correct Your Information. You can access, update, or correct your information by changing preferences in your account. For additional requests, please contact us.
(c) Opting Out of Email or SMS Communications. If you have signed-up to receive our email marketing communications, you can unsubscribe any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of the email or other electronic communication. Alternatively, you can opt out of receiving marketing communications by contacting us at the contact information under “Contact Us” below. If you provide your phone number through the Services, we may send you notifications by SMS, such as provide a fraud alert. You may opt out of SMS communications by unlinking your mobile phone number through the Services.
(d) Opting Out of Location Tracking. If you initially consented to the collection of geo-location information through the Services, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. Please note, however, that if you withdraw consent to our collection of location information, you may no longer be able to use some features of the App.
SAFEGUARDS AND RETENTION
We implement reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the information in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
A NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
The Services are not directed towards individuals under the age of 18, and we do not, through the App, intentionally gather personal information about visitors who are under the age of 18. If a child under 18 submits personal information to us through the App and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 18, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.